Monday, September 6, 2010
Homework... and procrastination
I know I know, it's a dreaded subject that every person who has gone to school thinks about. Its one of the those unavoidable things that seem to suck the life out of school. The thing that makes homework bad for me is my uncontrollable procrastination problem ( mind you that I am typing this a week after I was supposed to post a completely different subject on the blog, with a pile of unfinished homework oozing off of my other knee). Its not that I don't know its due, its just I don't want to do it. I try to. I get home after school on Friday, go to my desk, aannnnnd- put down my backpack there 'till Sunday (or in this case Monday) night when I have to scramble to complete it. I don't know why. I wish I could change that habit, but the fact is no matter how hard I try I cant seem to get it done. Well now I have to go complete homework. I want to leave with some cheesy catch-phrase like "Max out!" or "Max, Signing off." but their too cheesy. Good luck with your homework guys, Until next time. Max, Signing off ( I lied).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, it's probably better if you do what I do and split up your homework so you only have to work an hour or so a day so you don't burnout.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I suffer from procrastinationitis as well. It is a terrible disease that, if not controlled, can cause a victim to have horrible study habits, lack of sleep, and poor effort in projects and assignments. But thankfully there is a cure. If you make a colored or designed list of what needs to get done and post it in a visible location, you will at least be reminded of your tasks. The next step is self talk. It sounds weird, but it becomes extremely helpful. I have to tell myself in the mirror " Yoseline, you know what you need to get done and have the time and resources to do it. There is no acceptable excuse for why you are not working on it. Prioritize, but don't procrastinate." This daily dose of self talk provides the needed push to overcome procrastinationitis. I hope my thoughts have given you tips or helped you in some way or another.
ReplyDeleteThax u 2 that might help
ReplyDelete