Hello, Wonderful Students!
Please share some of your thoughts from this week (and last, if you would like to include it). Some of the exciting things that we did include: reading "Rules of the Game," completing character sketches, reviewing for the test with Carousel Brainstorming, and taking our first test. If you can think of anything else, please include that as well. I want to know what you enjoyed, what you did not like, what you struggled with, what you learned - any suggestions you have for me are always welcome, too! Remember to be honest but respectful in your post.
Thank you all for working hard this week! It is a pleasure to teach you.
Mrs. Davis
Not a lot of homework so i guess the are relizing we have a life (some of us). My mom thinks that i am skipping homework.
ReplyDeleteThis week in class we did many things. I enjoyed reading the new story. I also learned many things that I forgot in previous years such as persuasive devices and much more. I also thought that the test was not too difficult, eventhough I forgot a bit of the questions to study. This weak was good
ReplyDeleteThe First Post I Made from my Laptop!
ReplyDeleteThis week was pretty average. Its not over yet so my reflection will be limited, but I can say I enjoyed "Rules of the Game." It was a good story. Character sketches were eh, I didn't like it cause my character looked ugly -.- so Imani finished it. Not a big fan of carousel brainstorming. Test was ok. Not hard but not easy.
i liked the test, it was easy and took up the whole class period, annnnnd i liked not having a bunch of work too.
ReplyDeleteThis week I learned about direct and indirect personalization. I didn't have trouble with anything.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the story and drawing on the charachter sketch. the drawings were slightly hilarious.
I think the test was quite easy but I think that I answered number 10 wrong.
ReplyDeletethe test was very easy for me except that it took me a while for numbers 10 and 11. Also I liked that we didn't have a lot of homework this week so far:)
ReplyDeleteThe test was really easy, I enjoyed reading the story and not having alot of homework.
ReplyDeleteTwas an easy test i got an awesome picture and learned about ties and monkkeys and i learned about bawdy and persuasive devices and logical fallacies
ReplyDeletePOKEMON!!!!!!!!!!
well i really enjoyed this week (even if its only wednesday). I enjoyed reading "Rules of the Game"; I thought it was interesting how the author compared life to a chess game. I also liked the review on tuesday because it helped me with the test which was pretty easy too.
ReplyDeletetest was HARD! bye
ReplyDeletecool getting the laptops and all. Had fun with the brown- I mean snickerdoodles before the test. Which I feel like I aced. probally didn't though. I liked the story. wish it kept going. I guess thats all.
ReplyDeleteFor the past three days I learned about the characters from The Rules of the Game. I reviewed and learned about logical fallacies, figurative language, fiction and non-fiction, and persuasive devices. I had trouble recallilng the meanings of foreign phrases. I enjoyed reviewing for the test, for it helped me to remember many things we learned before.
ReplyDeleteThe new concept for me (Story elements/parts) is "indirect/direct characterization". I heard of stated/implied things (for theme, char. developing,etc.) but other than that this week went by.
ReplyDeleteThe Unit 1 tst wasn't bad , other than that i fell asleep today hahahah.
-Dom and Deffy signin' offf...hahahhax)
I think to get the full experience of "Rules Of The Game" We need to play chess in class to help understand the intricacies of the game. I also thought it was an easy week learning about the types of characterization and I think I did great on the test.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the sketches. especially mine. it was hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this week, the story was slightly entertaining although I think we should start novels. The work load was light (THANK YOU!!!) Although I wish we did more socratic seminars I love those ! <3 That is all I really have to say.
ReplyDeleteI think this week was fairly easy including the test we took today. I however didn't learn that much in this class, but it was nice to review some imformation that we have previosly had. All in all it was very good mainly beacause that um, snickerdoodle was sooooooooooooo good.
ReplyDeleteI think this week went well. I reviewed some old things as well as leaning new things. I think i did well on the test, but i always think that. so the snickerdoodle was delicous.
ReplyDeletei liked the review activity we did and i thought the test was pretty easy. the story was good. the snickerdoodles were really good.
ReplyDeletetest was pretty easy. only thing i didn't like was plot because i could only think of Fahrenheit 451. :/ review ehh not my thing i like being asked questions and answering them.
ReplyDeleteThis week was good.
ReplyDeleteThe test review really helped me out : )
i liked the carousel brainstorming activity thought that was helpful and the test was ok
ReplyDeleteit was a good week because there wasnt much work but other than that i cant think of anything,except the dir/indir personalisation was weird.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this week. It wasn't too stressful. (Yayy.] I liked the story and the test review. & the test was kinda ehh. I think I did good. It was "fair". Not easy, but not all that difficult either. Oh, and the cookies. They were the bomb.com. :)
ReplyDeletei realy enjoyed the carosel brainstorming and the test wasnt too hard
ReplyDeleteI liked this week a lot, 2 reasons, 1 we had a test 2 we finished this unit and its a new start. Cant wait for the next week.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this week because we did not have as much homework to do as usual. Haha. And I enjoyed the snickerdoodle. I think I did well on the test, but you know how that goes. I learned a couple new things. I also enjoyed the short story.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the carosel brainstorming, and thought the test was rather fun.
ReplyDeleteThe brainstroming was fun and those cookies are good!
ReplyDeleteI got a 91 on the test
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the cookies before the test. And what did I learn? Hmmmmm.....I learned the difference between a parody and a satire. I also learned a few more logical falacies.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed not having a lot of work and the cookies were delicious :D. I think that I should've studied more, but I still got a pretty good grade. I learned more about logical fallacies, and vocabulary through studying for the test.
ReplyDeleteWerent those cookies good
ReplyDeleteHowdy,fellow STEMites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a test. We read a non-fiction story in our literature books called " Rules of the Game". And Mrs.Davis collaborated with Mrs. Yeatts.
Well... hah, this week was good. The cookies were delicious! THANK YOU!:) I liked readin "Rules of the Game", and doing the sketches. It was an average week:)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the not brownies before the test! You're wonderful baking caused me to get a hundred on my test! :) But besides you're awesome baking, I learned the difference between a satire and a parody. Loved your class!
ReplyDeleteOhkayy So Likee ...
ReplyDeleteThis Week Went By Very Fast .
English Went Pretty Well Considering The Fact That We Took A Test .
Thanks Mrs. Davis For Thee Cookies .! ( Theyy Were Thee Bomb.Com = )
Thee Review Was Very Helpful Andd Im Glad We Did It .
No Homework , Yayy .!
- Blogg Yha Laterr = )
I really liked the baked goodies((: I liked the test too because it wasn't extremely easy, but i still made a passing grade! :D I also liked the Yeatts/Davis collab.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of the compliments, dears! I love baking for other people, especially my students - I will try to do it again soon. I'm glad that most of you did so well on the test. Either I'm a stupendous teacher, y'all are really smart, or the test was too easy - maybe all of them?! Next time I will make the test harder.
ReplyDeleteI liked the carousel review, because we could get ideas from other people's ideas. I also liked reading the "rules of the game" story because i thought it was really intresting!
ReplyDeleteI loved the carousel brainstorming activity. I didn't enjoy the character sketches. I struggled with having to remember things from "Rules of the Game", because we didn't read it in one day.
ReplyDeleteI Dont Exactly Remember What Went On This Week But Yea I Liked The Cookies And I Learned About Our Test From Studying :P
ReplyDeleteThe test was pretty easy and the cookies were nummy. If we have treats like that every test I'll be looking foward to more. :)
ReplyDelete