Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Limericks!

Freshmen,

Please post your limericks here. Make sure that your poem contains all of the necessary components: rhyme scheme, rhythm, humor, quintet, etc. (You should only post it if I have checked your meter.)

I'm looking forward to reading your poems!
Mrs. Davis

35 comments:

  1. Lament of a Physics Class

    A push or a pull is a force--
    A simple occurrence, of course.
    But vectors and joules
    And measurement tools
    Are giving us all some remorse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There once was a grumpy old man
    Who loved to go by the name Dan.
    He saw a great whale
    And wailed a big wail
    As it swallowed the grumpy old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sleeping in until noon
    Though sometimes that feels quite too soon
    I stay there in bed
    As if I am dead
    Wishing to sleep well in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not put a fox in a box
    If you do you need three great big locks
    If you are like me,
    And you have to go pee
    Do not get trapped by the fox
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a strong love for my turtles
    Ones that happen to wear frilly girdles
    They're old and quite green
    They remind me of beans
    My turtle can hope over hurdles

    -Caitlin Roorda,(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. The car and the goat were both strong
    The goat was a bit more headstrong
    When the goat hit a tree
    And the car went to pee
    Then the goat went to hit a pink gong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There once was a man who said "Boo",
    He was hit in the head with a broom,
    He cried out in pain,
    Then swore in God's vain,
    Then somebody stole the man's shoe,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Rick

    There once was a fellow named Rick
    Who shreaked at the sight of a stick
    He rushed every day
    So he could go pray
    But ended up getting a tick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was many miles away,
    For my body would much like to stay,
    The journey takes ages
    According to sages,
    To conquer the kitchen, gangway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There once was a bot names lil' bill.
    Who freaked at the sight of a hill.
    He looked everyday,
    Coudn't go another way.
    Once he saw it he got quite a chill

    by: kailey crawford :)
    i know its not that funny but hey whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was an old man by a pond
    With frogs he had made a tight bond
    He croaked and he hopped
    He splashed and he flopped
    Till he saw no frogs by this pond

    by: Whitney Watters

    ReplyDelete
  12. T'was a girl with a gun not discreet
    Who'd play with her gun on the street.
    Then one day, a blue nun
    got shot with the gun
    and her blood was as red as a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There was an old man with a flower,
    Who desperately needed a shower,
    He'd a very strong stink,
    He was stuck in a kink,
    He was very high up in a tower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There was an old man with a book
    He tackled it with a big hook
    He don't need the fish
    He just got his wish
    This old man is liking his book

    ReplyDelete
  15. There was a sweet girl nicknamed Joan,
    She once took out a large loan,
    Her house was expensive,
    But she was defensive,
    For it was a pink ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There once was a lass from the beach
    Who was forced to recite a long speech
    Glee filled up her eyes
    She was promised a prize
    But was sad to get only a peach

    ReplyDelete
  17. There once was an awkward young boy.
    The kids liked to tease that boy Roy.
    He fell down a well
    The kids rang the bell,
    Now his nickname is Roy the Koi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...Then I took an Arrow in the Knee

    I was an adventurer like you.
    And once I was runnin' on through.
    Took an arrow'n my knee,
    And that was the end of my spree.
    So now I'm a guard in Fort Loo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a great love for the Bieber.
    He gives me such a high fever.
    I could give him a kiss.
    But i'd probally miss.
    And then he would give me a beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There was once a small nosey monkey
    Who got into his sister's thick diary
    When she walked in and saw
    Him reading in awe
    She didn't get how he was so sneaky

    ReplyDelete
  21. There once was a man named John Paul
    Who still would sleep with his old doll
    His friends they would mock
    For he'd a large stock
    Cause' they were on sale at the mall

    ReplyDelete
  22. There once was a dish and a spoon
    Both ran away on a full moon
    It was love at first sight
    It was such a delight
    And they had a wedding that noon

    ReplyDelete
  23. There was a young man from the hood
    He stole stuff whenever he could
    His mom called the cops
    They told him to stop
    Now he always does what he should

    ReplyDelete
  24. There once was a sneaky young girl
    Who thought she'd give stealing a whirl
    While being so skeevey
    She stole a big TV
    Unhappy now, she's stuck on parole

    ReplyDelete
  25. Matthew Lawrence



    Poem 1
    I went to the academy.
    I asked if they could teach for free.
    They said not quite.
    then I have a plight
    Because I learned you’re greedy, see.

    Poem 2
    Today I forgot my left shoe.
    On that foot a sock ,yellow and blue.
    I was playing in the mud
    Chasing rabbits like Fudd
    And now it’s a little brown too.

    Poem 3
    One day I went to the sea
    I wished to let my pet free.
    So I took one last look
    Cast out my favorite hook
    And sent my gecko out you see

    ReplyDelete
  26. There once was a man from big horn.
    All his life he harvested corn.
    It rained and got muddy.
    His crops became cruddy.
    And all he could do now was mourn.

    ReplyDelete
  27. There was a young cat with a fro
    Who came in and shouted,"Hello!"
    The kittens all looked
    Their heads they all shook
    Then the kittens also had a fro

    ReplyDelete
  28. There was a team at Super Bowl
    That couldn't get out of a hole
    They had a bad defense
    That played a good offense
    And found themself down a fieldgoal

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was an old man with a flag
      He ran with a pace and a snag
      He tripped on a rock
      His knee with a hock
      The agonize man now in lag

      Delete
  30. Today is a nice, sunny day
    The kids really wanted to play
    But their mom didn't care
    She could hardly bare
    The kids were annoying all day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Walter E. Disney the stray,
    arrived at my door one June day.
    He was tiny and meak, then he let out a squeak.
    And I couldn't send him away.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A dragon with too many toes
    he knew nowhere else to go
    but some random hotel
    for as you know well
    with no car he rather moved slow

    ReplyDelete
  33. There is a guy
    who can not fly
    he is a fool
    who is not cool
    for he is a fly.

    ReplyDelete
  34. There once was a huge stiff brown monkey
    And he was very funky
    He fell off my bed
    And hit his big head
    Now he became a chucky monkey

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.