Wednesday, September 15, 2010
lol Paradoxes ftw.
I saw this on TV. Ok so say you have this scenario: You create a portal that allows you to go back in time. One one side of the portal you have yourself, and on the other side, yourself 5 minutes into the future. Future you(5 minutes ahead) looks at the portal and through it sees present you. He takes a gun and shoots present you. So what happens to future you? You just shot yourself back in time, but future you is still alive. : / How is future you alive after you shot present you? * I saw this on TV*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well if the portal lets you go "back" in time, then how can you see "future you"?
ReplyDeleteno no no. ythe future you sees the past you and kills yourself. through the portal.
ReplyDeleteWell if the portal lets you see the past, you have present you one side and past you on the other side. I don't understand how future you can be on one of either side.
ReplyDeletethe the portal sees into the future, so on one side is "the future" and the other theres you, present day.
ReplyDeleteSo the "portal that allows you to go back in time" part was meant to say "a portal that lets you see into the future?" If so, I think it is because past you who was shot, had already created the portal before before you were shot. So future you who was the killer can still exist because now it has become past you after time has gone by and a new future you is not there any more only if the events that happen in the past can affect the future events. Or what about that future you can not kill present you because future you can not be or does not have the power to control the past, because the past is not affected by the future. I'm not sure though. Where show did you get this from anyways?
ReplyDeletesorry I meant to say "What show," not "where show."
ReplyDeleteThis is just like the one where you go into the past and kill your grandfather. He dies, therfore you dont exist, therefore you didn't kill him, therefore you do exist. so theoretically, youre future self cannot kill your past self or any of your ancestors. It is just impossible.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ben! That is a very understandable explaination. That is what I was trying to say, that it is impossible for the future to affect the past.
ReplyDeleteStill u would b commiting suicide n u r still dead
ReplyDelete